Friday, October 31, 2008

Late Magic Wands: October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

-The season has started and so Uni Watch, a favorite column of mine on ESPN.com, has its official review of the new jerseys. As I have said (before I started this blog), the uniforms are not perfect. They blend the old and the new and create some horrible hybrid that probably is fuel efficient. I think the blue jerseys look pretty sharp, but the white jerseys need some work.

-As you get to know me, you will find that I have an affinity for random bench players. As a bench warmer myself, I appreciate the hard work these guys put in for so little reward. My bench warming all stars include Andrew DeClerq, Steven Hunter, Mario Kasun and Marcin Gortat. Gortat though is working his way into the rotation after a great postseason. Keep fighting the power Marcin.

-Also in the Orlando Sentinel: the 20 greatest moments in Magic history. They are trying to make a point about the founding of the Magic, but Nick Anderson's steal No. 15? That is clearly a top five moment in team history.

-And an amazing photo gallery by the Sentinel to honor the team's 20th anniversary.

-I am an optimist. But even I think this is a little much. The Magic in the Finals? Not quite yet. But the door is open.

No comments:

Video of the Week

Updated: 11/8/2009

NBA Playoffs 2009 Tracker

Orlando Magic Playoff Moments

What the Playoffs are all About