Friday, September 11, 2009

Magic Wands: September 11, 2009

Nothing is going on in the NBA. Please Training Camp, get here soon! So after a week's delay, here is the latest batch of Magic Wands.

-ESPN rolled out their summer predictions and surprise surprise they have the Cleveland LeBrons winning the East. Cannot say that I blame them, when I sit down and think about it, the LeBrons will probably be one of the three teams I will be debating about in the East. But by that much? Really? Love being underdogs again.

-Tim Povtak of NBA FanHouse tracks down former Magic first round pick David Vaughn. Vaughn has struggled mightily since falling out of the NBA. He was homeless for a while, but has found himself again and is rebounding. I remember in eighth grade my junior high basketball team was practicing at this random practice facility near The First Academy and I saw him. I thought I recognized him and asked him if he was in deed David Vaughn. It was. I had no idea then, and no idea until I read this story, exactly what he must have been going through. Hopefully Vaughn continues to work hard to improve his life.

-Think officiating was bad in the playoffs? Hope the NBA does not have to bring in replacement referees. After negotiations were broken up earlier this week, replacement referees seem very likely for the preseason beginning October 1.

-Bob Dylan once said, "Oh the times they are a-changin." Remember when the stadium was half empty and no one wanted to go to Magic games. Yeah, November sucked. But demand for Magic tickets has increased so much the team has capped season ticket sales. Didn't he also say, "Let the good times roll"?

No comments:

Video of the Week

Updated: 11/8/2009

NBA Playoffs 2009 Tracker

Orlando Magic Playoff Moments

What the Playoffs are all About